Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Back to School


After weeks of lazying about, I am excited to go back to school tomorrow! The second school term for Chinese schools this year starts in February due to the Chinese New Year being in the last week of January. But I think second term usually starts in February. As much as I am excited to see all of my students and get back to routine, I am not looking forward to a few things, for instance;.
- waking up early in the morning
- taking two buses to get to work. Luckily, I work in a village, so I go against traffic and don't have to worry about getting stuck in traffic.
- wearing my winter coat, hat and scarf all day long even when i'm teaching or  in the staff room. The heater in a lot of buildings are on very low, so it's effect is barely felt
- Always being the last person to be told anything, since i'm a foreign teacher
- Not having a set plan and schedule. I can say my school brought out the "freestyler" in me. My classes and teaching schedules are changed without notice, and sometimes I don't even know what i'm teaching until minutes before walking into class. Although the uncertainty can feel like a roller coaster ride, most times, it's just plain frustrating.

At least I look forward to...
- My students always greeting me each time they see me, no matter how many times they saw me on that day
- Funny things the kids say and do
- Improving my Chinese through teaching English!

Regardless of how I feel about going back to school, I just have a feeling that this term will be better than last term! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha sounds like quite the experience

Natural Nigerian said...

I love the amount of detail on your blog. Feels like I know a bit of China. I will definitely be a regular reader.

Anonymous said...

Hello,

My name is Shelly and I just found your blog and it's really good!

I am thinking about going to China in the Fall to teach English.

I am currently taking Chinese courses and reading as much as possible about the culture, cities and people via blogs like your's and other internet sites.

I have a few more questions for you, but I see that you do not have a published email address. Would you be able to email me at: travel123love@gmail.com

Thanks!